Brisbane Airport Corporation & Robert Brownhall
Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) is the third-largest airport in Australia by passenger numbers and contributes more than $1.2 million in sponsorship and philanthropic donations each year in support of more than 100 local initiatives and charities. BAC’s aim when engaging KDPR was to further its long-term commitment to the arts that would create a legacy of nurturing and supporting local artists. As Brisbane rapidly becomes known as a cultural capital BAC recognised its role to play in this and invested heavily in the arts scene.
KDPR creatively concepted, negotiated and implemented an innovative ‘Artist-in-Residence’ programme with renowned realist painter, Robert Brownhall, the inaugural Artist-in-Residence.
The project involved:
- Stakeholder engagement
- Creative development of the concept
- Negotiation with potential artists
- Engagement of Robert Brownhall
- Media relations
- Australia’s first ‘Artist-in-Residence’ programme in an airport
- Artist collaborations with Brisbane Open House in 2016
- Brisbane Airport Corporation is now onto their third annual artist in residence